September 21, 2009

I am Lion...

Of the many surreal variables in my life, this past Saturday is certainly high ranking. As IDC (Iglesia Del Camino) has become more and more involved with the Colonial Infantil Centro de Malnutrición de San Juan, Sacatepéquez, my participation in the center's leadership. To help act in an advisory capacity, I was asked to become a member of the governing organization - El Club de Leones Internacional - Lion's Club International.

Saturday night Nancy and I, attended the official swearing in of myself and Florida Baptist Children Home's VP of International Childcare,Ron Gunter. This event was in an obscure Chinese Restaurant in Guatemala City. In addition to the Guatemalan Marimba Music playing in the background along with Michael Jackson's - Beat It. Officially we are now members of the International Lion's Club.

Left to Right - Ron Gunter/Florida Baptist Children's Home - Marco Livio Diaz Reyes/President of the Lions Club International, GUA - Myself




No comments: