December 8, 2007

The Wedding...

I had the pleasure to perform my first wedding this month, Boris & Jessica. Boris is a young man that started coming to the church at the time we began here a year and a half ago. He is now the Café Manager. Jessica and her family have been actively involved with this ministry since the first day the sign was hung advertising the English Classes. It was my priviledge to see how God has worked in their relationship and unite them in marriage.

This last July Boris was baptized in our first baptism services. It was this same day my friend John Nichols mentioned that since I had completed my first baptism. Now all I needed was a funeral and a wedding to be a pastor. I ask if he was voluntering for either. It turned out that he, John, was my first funeral. And Boris it turns out was part of two of my first events as a pastor.

No comments: